Friday, January 11, 2013

91 Years Young...



I have a few more posts to get caught up on the blog, but I am bypassing those for now to write a little something special today to remember my Papa Bob. Wednesday night, Papa Bob went to sleep and didn't wake up. We are thankful that he went peacefully, but I don't think anyone was quite ready for him to go. 91 years is a lot of living, but we always want one more day, one more year, one more decade!

Papa lived a great life! He was an awesome real estate agent; a quality he has passed along to my dad and one we'll let Loanie take forward for our generation! He lived every little boys dream (well maybe just my husband's :)) by racing cars at some of the most famous race tracks in the U.S. Bob (husband Bob) loved talking to him about his racing. He had so many stories to share! Papa was a great dad and taught my dad a lot about life. I know that most of my dad's many sayings and "words of wisdom" have come straight from Papa Bob's mouth and as I get older I appreciate them more and more!

The last few years have been tough on Papa. He was as sharp as a tack, but was having some trouble with his short-term memory. Ask him about a friend or a car race from 1955 and he would tell you everything in great detail, but the newer stuff was all kind of a blur. While we knew it was frustrating for him, Papa remained positive and always had a smile on his face.

I am thankful that Papa got to meet Addison (his first great grandchild) before he passed. I will cherish these pictures always...

 

 
To someone who truly lived life to the fullest, thanks for showing us how its done.
We will miss you, Papa. XOXO
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet tribute, Lynz. He was a good man. So sorry for your loss. Will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazing post and an incredible life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you guys....sending hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this post Linny! xoxoxo much love to you young Pops.

    ReplyDelete