Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Officially a member!

I honestly cannot believe it has been over two months since my last post. I knew May was going to be busy, but I wasn't expecting an equally busy June and July! Once I get backlogged on posts I tend to psych myself out a bit, but get ready - we are back on the blogging train... :) First up - Addison's baptism!

Rhiana and I have been talking about a joint baptism for the newest Kehrli ladies since Christmas so after comparing calendars and waiting out Lent, we finally decided on April 28th at St. Mary's Cathedral in Portland. 
 



We were joined by family on both sides, as well as Addison's godparents Becky and Mike who flew up from San Francisco  (THANK YOU!) Bob and I played double duty and were honored to be Patrice's godparents, along with his sister, Catherine.
Addison had a very special baptismal gown and bonnet - both of which were given to us during her baby shower weekend by Bob's grandma. She explained that the gown was from Bob's grandfather's side of the family and was likely about 100 years old. Addison also wore a beautiful pin (again from Bob's grandma), little booties from my godmother Vilma and a shiny new silver bracelet from pops and mimi. She looked so dang cute!

Despite missing a nap to celebrate her baptism, Addison was a little angel (as was her cousin Patrice) and the day was just perfect!

Great grandma with her grandsons and great granddaughters


Babies, parents and godparents




Silly Mikey...

Patrice's turn...

...and now Addison's


The babies checking each other out ;)

"The Godfather" lighting Addison's baptismal candle

The whole Kennedy Court crew - can't believe how big these kids are getting!


Addison with her godparents. parents and Father Pat

The newly baptized babies with their moms and dads
Lots of Kehrli love on baptism day (Aunt Catherine, Ema, Paige,
Owen, Elliot, Patrice, Auntie Rhiana, Uncle Bill and Papa)

We followed the baptism itself with a party at Bob's parents' house - Ema and Papa to the grandkiddos. We had a delicious lunch, followed by cake and lots of pictures! Thanks John and Margaret for opening up your home to all of us and to Rhiana for taking on the brunt of the party planning! It was a perfect way to celebrate our little ones!



Such a pro :)


"Where'd you get that cute bow?
"
Pops, Mimi, Aunt Maddie, Auntie Chasie (ROOMIE!) and Mama K all helped us celebrate

Sleepy party girl...

And the obligatory 30 week shots :)


I must be REALLY funny ;)

1 comment: