Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Addison: Four Months


Although Addison is actually FIVE months now, I need to get these four month photos and her official stats up on the blog before I post the latest so bear with me!

Four month stats (1/31/13):
  • Height: 24.5 inches (47th percentile)
  • Weight: 14 pounds, 7 ounces (52nd percentile) – This time, I guessed this DEAD ON!
  • Head circumference: 42.5 cm (91st percentile)
Aside from the "official" growth markers, Addison continues to grow and change every day. There is still a lot of laughing, talking, kicking and grabbing everything in sight! What we thought was the start of a tooth is actually just a little white spot on her gums. Her pediatrician said that many babies get them, but they are not teeth just little bumps that go away. No teeth to report quite yet!

However, Addison did have a great discovery this month... her feet! She grabs them any chance she gets. Mostly in the tub or while she is being changed - that dang diaper must get in the way of her flexibility!

While there is no consistent rolling over (at four months), she did have her first tummy to back roll on January 11th. I put her in her crib on her tummy with some toys to go dry my hair. I came out two minutes later and she was on her back, squished against the side of her crib. Definitely not the way I put her in there!

She is still a great sleeper at night (yay!) and is becoming more of a napper too (another yay!)  She is very active and has been loving stints in her exersaucer (Kenai loves them too - she is at his level and a prime candidate for licks!)

The doctor said that we can start to introduce "solids" between four and six months. We are not quite ready to tackle that quite yet (since that means she is REALLY growing up), but are thinking we will at the five month mark so stay tuned...

LOVES at 4 months:
 - My feet!
 - Sophie the Giraffe -- seriously OBSESSED :)
 - Her pup. Addison has really started to notice that there is a big black furry creature that hangs 
   around. I have a feeling this is the start of a LONG-LASTING loving relationship.
 - The tub!
 - Putting EVERYTHING in my mouth... toys, books, hands, feet, everyone else's hands... you name
    it!


Obsessed with her hands!


Look ma, no hands! Addison loves to hold her own ba ba!
Multi-tasking baby! LOVE my Sophie...
This picture of Addison in the swing kills me ;) Bob and I haven't put her in the swing for a really long time and we decided to try it out again recently. Both of us died laughing once we saw how big she was in there.

1 comment: