In mid-January Addison took her first plane ride. It was a quick jaunt to Montana, on a small plane, and she did great! I was a bit nervous to take her on my own, but all the moms in my PEPS group assured me that it would be a breeze. Thankfully, they were right! I received great advice about traveling through the airport with her and I must say, it was pretty darn easy. Now the mom that was traveling with her four year old... not so much. Fingers crossed Addison continues the good travel behavior - I keep telling her daddy will take her to Hawaii if she does ;)
I am very thankful that Lauren and Jess have most of the baby gear, which made what could have been a nightmare packing experience into a pretty easy one... We had a great week in Montana - we took some snowy walks, relaxed a lot, met up with the Kachmariks and Lauren and I even got to have massages! It felt so odd traveling from Tuesday to Saturday, but I loved taking advantage of my maternity leave and weekday flexibility!
 |
| Addison broke in her cousin's carseat - nice and comfy!!! |
 |
| Getting some practice! |
 |
| Mountain baby! |
 |
| Uncle Jesse preparing for diaper duty... |
 |
| Perfect place for a nap :) |
 |
| True Montana footwear... in all shapes and sizes! |
 |
| Adios Montana! |
In other news, Chasie got her internship and moved into our house! Just as I was headed to MT with Addison, Chase was putting the finishing touches on her bedroom. It is so fun to see the downstairs room in our house made up as a real room instead of a catch-all for the random stuff that hadn't quite found a home post-move. Chase did a great job with the awkward shape of the room and for all you Harry Potter fans, she is now accepting mail addressed to "Chase Yeakel, Cupboard Under the Stairs."
 |
| Chasie on her first day - pictured in front of her office! |
We also attended our last "official" PEPS meeting. I cannot believe how quickly 12 weeks went by (and how much these babies grew!) I am so thankful for the mamas in my PEPS group. PEPS meetings got us out of the house weekly (on days that I may not have had the motivation to do so) and the other mamas made the transition to motherhood so much easier. We will continue to meet, but won't see each other quite as often now that so many are back at work. I will say some of the "unofficial" meetings have been a bit mind-boggling for Bob. Recently he asked me what time I was going on a walk with my PEPS mamas. Walk? Who said anything about a walk? We are meeting for happy hour!
We were missing one of the 10 babies for this photo shoot - these pictures crack me up!
 |
| We literally set the babies down and Lucas decided it was naptime... |
 |
| ...But Sydney doesn't seem to mind! |
 |
Our first PEPS meeting - 12 babies ranging in age from 2.5 - 6 weeks
|
 |
| Last PEPS meeting - 9 babies (1 on vacation, 2 ended up leaving the group) |
I am on blog overload happiness, love your updates. Addison looks huge in the picture with your mom, needs to see this girl again soon!
ReplyDelete